“When life gives you a lemon… squeeze it, mix it with six ounces of distilled water and drink twice daily.” Jethro Kloss
Known for its therapeutic property, lemon has been used for centuries for plenty of remedies, from enhancing beauty and rejuvenating skin, to fighting infection, reducing fever and purifying the blood.
Lemon juice is also well-known for its great weight loss ability. Many people even start their day by drinking a mixture of water and lemon juice and they believe it has helped them to live healthier; it in fact aids the digestive system and enhances the process of eliminating the waste products from the body. According to Ayurvedic philosophy, the choices we make regarding our daily routine, either build up our resistance to diseases or tear it down; and starting the day well is one of the most important daily routines.
From an energetic point of view, lemon has a lot of green and orange color pranas and therefore can flush out toxins from our body. It is a very good remedy for detoxification, decongestion and disinfection.
Orange prana is basically an eliminating and expelling type of energy, which helps in stimulating bowel movement; and green prana cleanses the organs and breaks down the dirty energies affecting their function.
A glass of lemon juice is a rich source of nutrients such as calcium, potassium, vitamin C and pectin fiber, while it only contains less than 25 calories.
Vitamin A and iron can also be absorbed more efficiently by taking lemon; and because of its potassium content and green and orange pranas, lemon is also helpful in improving heart problems. It can cool the body and calm the emotions as well.
Lemon contains flavonoids that are composites containing antioxidant and cancer fighting properties. Regular lemon intake can be helpful in preventing diabetes, constipation, hypertension, indigestion and improving the quality of skin, hair and teeth. Researchers at the American Urological Association support the fact that lemon juice can reduce the chance of developing kidney stones by forming urinary citrate, which prevents the formation of crystals. This quality of lemon can easily be understood by the amount of green and orange pranas which have disintegrating effects.
Besides healing qualities and health benefits, lemon is also used to enhance beauty. During the Renaissance era is Europe, lemon juice was used by ladies to redden their lips. Currently many people are consuming lemon for weight loss and skin care purposes as well.
In general Lemon helps in:
1. Purifying the Blood – Because of having green and orange pranas, lemon is considered a very good cleansing and detoxifying agent. Green prana basically has cleansing and decongesting properties while orange prana helps in eliminating and expelling dirty energies and waste products. Lemon therefore can be used to purify the blood and flush out toxins from the body.
Lemon further helps in stimulating the liver that helps to purify the blood as well. D-limonene, which is an antioxidant in lemon, activates enzymes in the liver that are part of the phase 1 and phase 2 detoxification processes. These processes take the toxic compounds present in the liver and convert them to non-harmful or less harmful versions. These toxins can range from caffeine to ibuprofen.
2. Improving Indigestion and Constipation – Orange prana is a very powerful color to fight constipation while green prana helps in cleansing the gastrointestinal organs. Lemon aids digestion and encourages the production of bile and digestive juices. It also contains pectin fiber that is necessary for colon health.
Lemon juice also loosens toxins in the digestive tract that helps in relieving symptoms of indigestion such as heartburn, burping and bloating. It is good to take lemon therefore after a heavy lunch or dinner.
3. Balancing PH Level – Lemon is one of the most alkalizing foods and therefore can balance the PH level, as most of us have acidic bodies. Too much acidity in the body can be inflammatory.
4. Improving Heart Ailments and Reducing the Chance of Having Kidney Stones – Lemon, because of its potassium content can improve heart problems. Green and orange pranas in lemon can also decongest the heart and the coronary arteries. Because of their disintegrating and cleansing properties they can prevent the formation of stones.
5. Fighting Infection – Lemon can prevent the growth and multiplication of pathogenic bacteria that cause infections. Warm lemon water is proved effective in diminishing viral infections and sore throat. Green prana is a very good disinfecting agent that can be used to treat various sorts of infections.
6. Curing Common Cold and Respiratory Problems – Lemon is a rich source of vitamin C, that protects the body against immune system deficiencies. In case of cold, vitamin C content of lemon can help the defense cells while the green and orange pranas of lemon can help in cleansing and fighting infection. If you have sore throat, you can make a mixture of 1 cup of warm water (250 ml), 1 lemon, and 1 teaspoon of salt (5ml). Gargle three times a day for 1 minute to reduce the burning sensation.
The orange prana can further help in expelling the used up energies, toxins and dirty energies from the body and can also be helpful in a wide range of respiratory problems including asthma.
7. Strengthening the Liver – Lemon strengthens the liver by providing energy for the liver enzymes when they are too dilute. It also helps balance the calcium and oxygen levels in the liver.
Its green and orange pranas help in cleansing the liver and assisting the detoxification. Lemon also purifies and stimulates liver by encouraging the production of bile and an acid required for digestion.
8. Skin Care and Weight Loss – Lemon contains citric acid that can help in treating acne. The vitamin C content of lemon is also necessary for having healthy glowing skin while its alkaline nature kills some types of bacteria that cause acne. If you are suffering from skin infection like eczema, a lemon wrap may be a relief.
Lemon juice can be applied to reduce pain in case of sunburn. It in general acts as an anti-aging remedy to remove wrinkles and blackheads. The antioxidant properties of lemon help to combat free radical reactions that are responsible for aging process.
Drinking a mixture of lemon juice with warm water and honey is believed to reduce body weight. Lemon contains pectin fiber that helps stave off hunger cravings.
9. Reducing Pain and Inflammation – Lemon is believed to dissolve and remove uric acid in the joints which is one of the main causes of inflammation. Green prana in lemon is basically a very good disinfecting and disinflaming prana that can help treat inflammations.
10. Reducing Fatigue and Stress – Research has shown that lemon creates a calming effect, which is basically due to its cleansing green and orange pranas. Therefore lemon can help to reduce fatigue, dizziness, anxiety, tension and stress. Many of the long distance walkers and world travelers in fact use lemon in case of fatigue.
It is believed that inhaling lemon oil can increase concentration and alertness. It can therefore be used in offices as room refresher to reduce the feeling of stress and increase the efficiency at work.
11. Curing Fever – Fever might happen due to various reasons, but whatever the cause is, lemon can always be used as a remedy. Because of its green and orange pranas, it is a very good fruit in decongesting the body and cleansing the aura from dirty energies that can accelerate the healing process. Orange prana in this case, causes perspiration that can reduce body heat and expel the toxins out of the body.
You may add 1 lemon to a cup of hot water with honey and drink every 2 hours until the fever subsides.
12. Healing Hypertension – Beside garlic and onion that are effective in improving hypertension, lemon also can be helpful. Its green and orange pranas can decongest the affected chakras, especially the Solar Plexus and Meng Mein chakras, and cleanse the aura. Its potassium content can further help in improving high blood pressure, dizziness and nausea.
For people with high cholesterol, the pectin power in lemons along with its other metabolism and circulation-boosting nutrients can help lowering down the cholesterol levels.
13. Dental Care – Lemon juice is frequently used in dental care. Fresh lemon juice applied on the area of a toothache can help in relieving pain.
Massaging lemon juice on the gums can also stop gum bleeding as well as reduce the bad odor of the mouth.
Lemon can also be used on a regular basis for cleansing the teeth, due of its green prana. Some people add a drop of lemon juice onto their normal toothpaste while some other rub the inner side of its skin on their teeth; the inner side should touch the teeth.
14. Hair Care – Lemon juice has been proven helpful in treating hair problems on a wide scale. Applying lemon juice on the scalp can improve problems such as dandruff and hair loss. Applying lemon juice directly on the hair can also give your hair a natural shine.
15. Cleansing the Urinary Tract – Lemon juice, because of its orange prana is diuretic and it encourages the production of urine. Therefore taking lemon juice can help in releasing toxins at a faster rate from the body and purifying the system. Lemon juice can also balance the PH level of the urinary tract that discourages the proliferation of bad bacteria.
16. Refreshing the Breath – The antiseptic qualities of lemon can reduce bad bacteria in the mouth and act as a disinfectant. Lemon also removes the bad odor of the mouth.
Although most of the facts mentioned above have scientific reasons behind them, these qualities are either directly or indirectly related to the qualities of orange and green pranas that are present in lemon. The quality of all color pranas and their effects on the human body have been completely explained in Advanced Pranic Healing by Master Choa Kok Sui.