REIKI is a very good healing modality that has helped many people. It was originated by Dr. Usui and popularized by thousands of REIKI Masters. PRANIC HEALING was originated by GrandMaster Choa Kok Sui of the Philippines and is taught by certified PRANIC HEALING Instructors in over 81 countries.
According to the REIKI Masters who have attended PRANIC HEALING classes, as well as my own observations as a teacher and healer, here are some of the major differences between PRANIC HEALING and REIKI:
- PRANIC HEALING is a non-touch system of healing. REIKI practitioners touch the body most of the time, but they also employ some non-touch techniques.
- PRANIC HEALING teaches its students to “scan,” or actually feel the aura, to assess areas of energetic depletion and congestion or stagnation, which helps identify problem areas that need healing. REIKI usually doesn’t use any energy-assessment technique but relies on the intuition of the practitioner.
- PRANIC HEALING employs a manual cleansing technique called “sweeping” to remove blockages and stagnant energies before giving fresh energy to the patient; REIKI has no comparable technique. PRANIC HEALING believes cleansing is critical to the healing process because diseased energies and negative emotions have to first be removed before energizing the body or they may manifest physically, and sometimes dramatically, through vomiting, loose bowel movement, a rash, flu or other symptoms.
Such expelling is often labeled as “detoxification”, however, it is quite uncomfortable and can be prevented with proper cleansing. In fact, cleansing alone often allows the body to quickly heal itself by permitting fresh energy to penetrate deeper into the body to be utilized as healing fuel.
- PRANIC HEALING employs a “cookbook” approach to healing. According to thousands of case reports gathered by Grand-Master Choa Kok Sui, every ailment produces a unique set of energy patterns that can be identified in the energy body’s 11 major chakras and numerous meridians. REIKI has essentially one energy technique, facilitating the flow of Reiki energy into whatever area needs healing, to address all health problems.
PRANIC HEALING, by contrast, uses specific energetic routines of cleansing and energizing that are matched to the specific patterns of energetic deficiencies caused by a particular illness. PRANIC HEALING, thus, offers a quicker, more targeted and more effective system of healing.
- PRANIC HEALING teaches its practitioners to directly draw energy from the sun, air, ground and other spiritual sources and then project this prana into their subjects’ auras and chakras. REIKI practitioners have to be “initiated” by a REIKI Master and given “symbols” to access the healing energies. It is similar to having to obtain a “password.” PRANIC HEALING employs simple breathing and visualization exercises that allow anyone to heal immediately with minimal instruction.
- PRANIC HEALING includes a practice called “energetic hygiene” rarely found in any healing modality, including REIKI. Energetic hygiene is a set of practices: breathing, dietary recommendations and other cleansing routines designed to keep your personal energy tank clean and full.
REIKI Masters attending PRANIC HEALING classes agree that energetic hygiene is one of the greatest benefits of the class, particularly the techniques that enable them to cleanse themselves of contaminating energy they pick up from clients and how to prevent subjects or negative people from draining their life force. This is particularly important not only for REIKI practitioners, but also other healthcare providers because these people frequently experience pain or the ailment of their subjects and become drained and tired after healing someone.
- PRANIC HEALING employs the use of color energies that dramatically accelerate the body’s innate healing abilities. In fact, many REIKI Masters who have taken PRANIC HEALING often say that if they have a subject who wants immediate relief or rapid healings, they use PRANIC HEALING — particularly, the colored pranic techniques. But, if they have a subject who wants a relaxing and soothing session, they use REIKI.
In summary, both PRANIC HEALING and REIKI are excellent healing modalities and help alleviate pain and suffering. However, PRANIC HEALING gives you the tools to produce faster and more immediate results while “immunizing” you against contamination from the people you are healing.
PRANIC HEALING complements any and all healing modalities, including REIKI. We always tell everyone, whatever your healing technique — shamanism, Native American techniques, Chinese chi kung, REIKI, massage therapy, chiropractic, Christian laying on of hands and even traditional orthodox medicine, PRANIC HEALING will complement and enhance it. We are here together to help create health and happiness for all. After all, all healing comes from One Source, expressed in a myriad of way.